Automotive Electronic Solutions - Bait and Switch

Nov 08, 2011
review #273640

On November 1, 2011 I contacted Automotive Electronic Solutions in order to get a quote on an Electronic Control Module (ECM) for my 2001 Infiniti I30. I spoke to Roberto Garcia.

Roberto proceeded to locate and quote the module that I needed for the Infiniti I30, he stated that he had one in stock, and he provided a written quote for $ 380.00 for a remanufactured unit.

On November 1, 2011 I place the order for this unit with Roberto. Today marked a week gone by with no word from Automotive Electronic Solutions regarding the shipment of the unit, so I proceeded in trying to contact them to get an update on the status of the shipment, and to get a tracking number.

I called for Roberto this morning, and left a voice mail asking him to call me, and by noon since I hadn't heard from him I sent him an e-mail asking him to call me. By 3:00, I still hadn't heard anything so I called again, and left a message with the operator for him to call me back.

Several minutes ago, I received a call from Roberto. Roberto now states that the part he showed in stock on November 1st wasn't actually in stock, and it will now cost an extra $ 180.00 for the ECM that is needed for the Infiniti I30.

The fact that it took my follow up after 7 days to find out that the ECM was not in stock, and then to top it off by stating that it would now cost an extra $ 180.00 for the part that I need is frustrating to say the least as my car is in the shop awaiting this part.

After this occurence I checked the better business bureau on Automotive Electronic Solutions. I suggest anyone thinking about doing business with AES check the BBB information available online.

ab03f6f
Had an experience with Automotive Electronic Solutions?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions

Jul 11, 2013 Ellijay, Georgia

same exact thing happened to me! i also delt with the same roberto!it took 21 days to get my pcm after i shipped them my old one. he said that it could not be repaired???? so i would need to pay an extra 180.00 to get a reman. how can you pass that on to a customer when you've done got a price and sold the job for a certain amount?

JOHN DEERE

Aug 02, 2012

AES Unless you like being aggravated and fleeced avoid them,they took a sick unit "repaired it" and returned it ,the vehicle would not even run when the ecm was reistalled. If it was left out on the vehicle floor it would run. Once bolted up (grounded) it killed the fuel system. Sent it back and AES said it was not repairable . Now I am out the $100/hour shop fee at the dealership. Contacted the wonderful folks at AES and the option was replace for $150.00 more or refund minus $85.00 bench fee. Point being it cost $100.00 shop fee to find out that AES screwed up the ECM worse than it was originally. The manager was insulted that I should suggest that I should be compensated for paying for the dealer to check their incompetent and very substandard work. The argument from the manager at AES was that it could not be chcked out at their facility..WHAT????? Are you not in the ECM repair busines?? However after the second time in the shop they could tell that it was bad and all it would cost was $150.00 more.
I will not be using them again and will make it a point to advertise the quality of work and service that you can expect from them. WISH I WOULD HAVE READ THIS PAGE BEFORE ALL OF THIS There is no sense of urgency I have been without my vehicle for almost 3 weeks. It was $185.00 lesson bought and paid for..

Salvatore Slusher

Jul 30, 2012

Customer service basically sucks. Its non-existent on their part. The initial phone call with what they call their "Partsologist" claimed two days to look over and repair my computer module from my 98 chevy S10. I called on the morning of July 20th and they verified they received it on the 19th. My partsologist said he would call me later in the day with a update. NO call. Monday no call, so I called about 3:30, and was told that they are still working it and he will call tomorrow with an update. No call. I called on Wednesday and finally realized they hadnt even looked at it. I get an e-mail on Friday at 1:08 am that it was repaired. I called Friday morning and asked to send it out next day air. Its $25 additional but I needed this thing 5 days ago. I asked my partsologist to send me the tracking number, he said he will, does he? NO. The $25 shows up on my credit card but does the part show up next day? NO. Again waiting for a return call to find out where my part is. They never call you - like I said customer service sucks.

Anon. Still waiting credit car

Jul 20, 2012

This is July. In March I ordered the first pcm. Had to take it to a shop because their customer service stated it was my vehicle not their pcm. After 2 more months of arguing with them paying shop labor to troubleshoot 2 more bad pcm's each with different trouble code issues. 1st one was O2 sensors, 2nd injector issue... sent it back and started dispute with CC. Shop took less than 48 hours to get another from another vendor and have it running. Should never have dealt with these people in the first place. They were unable to provide the service they contracted with me and are still trying to get payment..

forest ave auto

May 18, 2012

Too bad I dealt with them in the first place,its been 1 month my customer hasnt had their vehicle.They dont return phone calls,always an excuse for something.

SIR THOMAS

Apr 24, 2012

CROOKS, CONTACTED THEM ABOUT A BAD PCM WE HAD AND THE CUSTOMER DID NOT HAVE THE 1300 DODGE WANTED FOR A REMAN UNIT. I SPOKE TO BRANDON AND EXPLAIN WHAT THE CAR DID AND THAT WE INSPECTED THE BOARD AND FOUND A TRANSITOR BURNT AND DAMAGED. WE SENT THE UNIT TO THEM AND WHEN WE GOT IT BACK THEY CHARGED US TO REBUILD THE UNIT (CLAIM THIS WAS DONE BY REPLACING TWO CAPACITORS THAT THEY CLAIMED WERE LEAKING, NOTHING ABOUT THE BAD TRANSISTOR). CALLED THEM BECAUSE NOW THE CAR WOULD NOT START. SENT IT BACK AND THEN IT COULD NOT BE REPAIRED IT NEEDED A REMAN (TOLD IT WOULD BE A REMAN) AND WOULD COST ANOTHER $150 TOOK A WEEK TO GET BACK MEAN WHILE I GOT YELLED AT FROM THE CUSTOMER EVERYDAY BECAUSE THEIR CAR WAS DOWN. GET IT BACK AND IT WAS A USED UNIT THAT THEY WERE NOT EVEN SMART ENOUGH TO CLEAN OR *** THE BRACKET THEY GOT IT ON. CROOKS!!!!!! IF YOUR NAME AND REP ARE IMPORTANT TO YOU DO NOT USE THESE GUYS.

Garik

Dec 08, 2011

I just wanted to sympathize with you. I am also dealing with AES and their customer service is awful.

I started out needing a rebuilt ecu @ $360 then my unit was determined to be beyond repair so it was another $150 for a "new unit" (which is actually used).

The new unit didn't work so I called AES and days and days later they finally tell me it has to be programmed by Nissan, something they previously told me would not be the case. So basically, I ended up wasting so much time and money I should have gone with a new ECU from Nissan. For your own sake, don't try to save a few bucks with AES, you will regret it in the end.

They also don't take refunds if you use the ECU, they are painfully slow getting back to you and getting the ECU back to you, and there manager argued with me instead of helping me.

Their whole business model is *** because they don't want you to install the unit yourself (DIY) but what's the point then???? They only make sense if you want to save money and DIY. If you pay them and then pay a mechanic too you might as well have gotten a new ECU which is a better product and will end up costing you the same $ as AES. Buyers beware.... AES is horrible.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Automotive Electronic Solutions.
Filing a new complaint about
×